Friday, March 11, 2011

My First Charm Swap

I have watched everyone's post on FaceBook about all the swaps that they have participated in and I have to admit, I was a little jealous.  I didn't understand the concept of a swap, or a blog, but like everything else in life, if you don't ask questions you won't learn, so I asked and Tanya ScrappyScavenger was sweet enough to take the time to answer my questions.  I told her that I would love to participate, but wasn't sure of what to do and she took control, thank goodness!!!! I have to say that for my first swap, I had a great time, and the girls in our group are very supportive, so thanks to all for making this so much fun. 

Since I create jewelry on a regular basis, I decided to use lampwork beads, Swarovski crystal and bali beads with a theme of Hugs and Kisses, Stars for Wishes.  One charm followed a pink theme and the other fuschia, each being about two and a half inches long on a swivel clasp.  It was like creating an unmatched pair of drop earrings but these are a little on the heavy side, so I wouldn't suggest wearing them for any length of time.
All in all, I loved this swap, but as always, now that it is all over, I might have done things a little differently, but I am willing to learn

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful. thanks for all of the tips when we all had questions :) excited to see the next challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Zelia--you charms give me peace. I may just hang them in my craft room and NOT use them in paper crafts. You could give classes!!

    ReplyDelete