Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Haul and RAK Videos

I have to say, I am a crafting video junkie, I watch as many as I can as often as I can, but lately, all I am seeing are "Haul" and RAK videos, and as much as I like to see what others are purchasing or receiving, it gets to a point when too much is too much.  There are so many talented ladies (and gentlemen) out there whose work I want to see, but instead these people are posting videos that are 15 - 25 minutes long of purchases or RAKs and no one is showing their creations, it is getting discouraging.  The other problem with these videos is that they spend half the time saying OMG and Thank You ..., which I understand, but please enough is enough!  There are a lot of people out there who can't afford to purchase all the stuff that is being shown or can't find it, I know my Michael's and JoAnn's don't carry a lot of the stuff that is being shown, I live in a small town and our craft stores have to carry a large collection of crafting items that cross the entire spectrum, so scrapbooking, rubber stamping and even jewelry making have only small sections dedicated to that craft.

What I am asking here is that you show off your work.  Dedicate your videos to what you are creating and take the time to describe the items that you are making along with the supplies that you are using.  It doesn't help me to know that you purchased 2 huge stacks of paper, 25 different types of rubber stamps and 10 different types of embellishments, I want to know how you are using those items and I want to see the final product.  I can watch a 2 hour video on how to make a mini album, but it is hard to watch a 25 minute video of your shopping haul or RAK, especially when I don't ever get a RAK or I can't run out and buy what you are able to buy. 

This is not meant to offend anyone it is just meant to ask for alternatives, please, I want to see what you making and probably, so do a lot of other people.  I don't learn that much from seeing what you have purchased, but I sure can learn by watching you create your masterpieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment